BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins introduced two new BlackBerry 10 devices; the touchscreen Z10 and Physical QWERTY keyboard Q10. Heins announced that the company RIM, will change the name from RIM to BlackBerry. The company and product will “become one name” BlackBerry. The NASDAQ trade ticker will change from RIMM to BRRY.
All I can say about the Z10 and Q10 is WOW! BlackBerry came ready to play with BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry new platform. BB10 is innovation, powerful, and efficient; there isn’t any phone on the market today that can compete with the BlackBerry 10 features. Once again BlackBerry is ahead of the curve and the other manufactures will have to play catch up.
In today’s launch event Z10 and Q10 features were demonstrated.
- Flow – Keeps your smartphone working and moving together seamlessly with ease.
- Hub – Keep everything in one place: BBM, Emails, Messages, Apps – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, ect. In the HUB with the swipe or motion of your thumb you go from one app to the next effortlessly.
- Keyboard – Type effortlessly with the virtual keyboard, that assist you while you type as it learns your writing style. – Z10 Only.
- Balance – Keeps Business and Personal separate. Switch between Business and Personal with one simple gesture. Access email, apps, documents without compromising your personal info.
- BBM – Go from BBM chat to BBM video talk face-to-face, Users can Control each other screens in Real Time with Screen Share. Screen Share is a great collaboration tool users will be able to control Pictures, PowerPoint, Documents, ect
- Time Shift – Take the perfect picture every time, you can edit each picture with Time Shift in Real Time. You can dial back on the screen to open someone eyes or capture their smile.
- Browsing – Powerful, Responsive, and Super Fast.
- Remember – Tool keeps you organize by grouping pics, update documents, spreadsheets, also sync task and MS Outlook.
- NFC Enabled – Share pics, apps, contacts, headsets and more with a Tap.
On launch day Blackberry World has over 70,000 apps, Kindle, SAP, EA Sports, Webex, Box, New York Times, Press Reader, Angry Bird, Facebook, LinkedIn, Flixster, Evernote, Twitter, Foursquare, Skype, just to name a few.
The Grand Finale of the BlackBerry 10 Event is whenintroduced Alicia Keys as BlackBerry Global Creative Director. Alicia Keys used a dating analogy to described BlackBerry, she left BlackBerry for “something hotter, sexier, with more bling,” she couldn’t accomplish everything with the other phone and had to have BB and the other phone. She said that shes happy to be back with BlackBerry in an “exclusive relationship.” BlackBerry 10 allows her accomplish everything and also allows her to separate her Business and Personal life. She will work directly with developers and carriers on the platform as well as with other artists.
Z10 will be available in the US in March at AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint. The only carrier pricing available now is Verizon, $199 with a 2 year contract. It will go on sale in the UK on Jan 31, Canada on February 5, and UAE on February 10.
The Z10 will come in two colors: Black and White., Verizon has the exclusive on the White.
The Z10 specs are: 4.2 display, 1280 x 768 resolution, 1080p HD Video Recording, Micro SD Memory Card, 16 Internal storage, 8 MP Rear Camera, 356ppi, Up to 10 hours* talk time (3G), Up to 13 days* standby time.
Take a “lookinsyde” the Z10 in the video below