Pages Menu
TwitterRssFacebook
Categories Menu

Posted by on Dec 2, 2012 in App, iPod, tech news | 0 comments

Nest By Tony Fadell

Nest is a smart thermostat that learns owners’ habits to save on energy. Nest can be controlled anywhere with a smartphone and the Nest app.

Yes, this is the same Silicon Valley’s Tony Fadell. Tony Fadell is known as the”father of the iPod” for his work on the first 18 generations of the iPod. He was also involved in designing the hardware of the original iPhone.

After leaving Apple in 2010 Tony Fadell began developing Nest.

Take “lookinsyde” Nest in the video below:

Read More

Posted by on Feb 3, 2011 in iPhone, tech news | 0 comments

Verizon iPhone Pre-Order & Reduced Data Plan

Existing Verizon customer can pre-order the iPhone today.

Verizon has also changed their Data Plan, if your data consumption fall in the top 5% of Verizon Wireless customers your speed maybe reduced for the remainder of your billing cycle to ensure that the other 95% of consumers are not affected.

Click the following links to view the changes:  Data Plan Features and Terms & Conditions

Read More

Posted by on Feb 2, 2011 in iPhone, tech news | 0 comments

NFC Payment Service

Do you like the idea of using your smartphone or car key to pay for purchases?

Numerous R&D teams are testing NFC (Near Field Communication) as a consumer payment option.  NFC technology is  a short-range wireless communication that allows the exchange of data between two devices.

Visa is testing a NFC payment option in Europe with the iPhone.

Apple is also working with NFC payment so that the iPhone could be used with iTunes. The purchase would be charged to the credit card that is on file with iTunes.

BMW is also a supporter of NFC, their R&D team is testing NFC to link with the car’s navigation to the car key.  Car owners would be able to make hotel reservation or purchase tickets then download to the key.

Take a “lookinsyde” the next generation of BMW Connect Drive in the video below:

Read More

Posted by on Jan 26, 2011 in handhelds and phones, iPhone | 0 comments

Verizon To Offer Unlimited Data Plan

Verizon will offer an unlimited $30 data for the iPhone.  AT&T discontinued their unlimited data plan 7 months ago; Verizon is hoping to get A&T iPhone users to switch to their network.

Verizon COO Lowell said, that this offer is a limited time only offer and that they will be switching to a tiered plan in the near future.

Read More